Eggs Lost in Mail

Received eggs!

Gonna candle them as soon as we get home and make sure there aren't any cracks from mishandling.

IMG_20210709_155327257.jpg

Hoping yours will go well! Still jealous you won even though I had tons of chicks hatch this year, even during the contest. I have some I got local eggs due on the 27th! Guess that is why I am gimmie!
I kept putting off getting an updated coop and new chicks, but this was a good push to finally do that 😅 Next year I'll finally have space to order a bunch of new chicks.

I'll be posting a Hatch-a-long today/tomorrow and setting them after 24 hours assuming no horrible issues.

I really hope to get a halfway decent hatch. This'll be my first time hatching shipped eggs, so I'm super nervous 😭
If you have a turner I would leave it off tonight but still put them in your incubator and turn the turner on tomorrow. You don't know how they were handled. Give the eggs time to settle. The box looked to be in good shape. I put these on the boxes of eggs that I ship. I don't know if it really helps.

Attachments

• FragileLiveEmbryo_001.jpg
    FragileLiveEmbryo_001.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 7
  • LiveEmbryo_001.jpg
    LiveEmbryo_001.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 5
My NC eggs I had had detached air cells. I had the turner off and kept checking, and some didn't get a firm aircell till day 7. I hand turned the ones that were more solid. I don't think they went into a turner.

If you have a turner I would leave it off tonight but still put them in your incubator and turn the turner on tomorrow. You don't know how they were handled. Give the eggs time to settle. The box looked to be in good shape. I put these on the boxes of eggs that I ship. I don't know if it really helps.
I'm planning on letting them sit for a full 24 hours out of the incubator, then leave the turner off for the first 2 days, then turn them sparingly until day 7 at least. I'll reevaluate then and see how the air cells are doing.

The problem is the shells are so dark that I can hardly see the air cells 😭. On the 5 that I could see for sure, they were all detatched, but not completely at least. VERY wobbly tho.

Good news is no cracks of any sort! 😊 I'm honestly surprised!

Back
Top Bottom