eggs, what is important to you?

Like Flakychick said, I don't so much care about color of shell as the nice yolks. They tell me my hens are healthy with their diet of layer mash and lots of greens, veg. and fruits they get. They also get calcium . If they are healthy I figure that the eggs are too.
Having said that , I enjoy a lot of color in the run to look at. I also enjoy a colorful egg basket. the health is the most important though. Gloria jean

whats important to me and my customers is that there are no hormones, antibiotics, arsenic, or other chemicals fed to my chickens thus they are not passed on to the egg.

Most commercial chicken feed has things in it that the organic people dont want in their foods.

I didn't remember Banty eggs having less egg white but come to think of it and memories of having Banties, I think your right.

One of my customers was telling me she used my eggs to make a white cake. The egg yolks were so golden orange her white cake was yellow.
lol.png

Last edited:
just got my first eggs last week and was impressed with the deep yellow of the yolk. Free range and knowing where my eggs came from is most important to me.
We all know that the color of the egg has nothing to do with the nutrition and taste of the egg; it is the breed of the hen that laid it. But the average non-chicken keeping person has no idea and wants the darker or exotic colored eggs.
I personally have EE because I like the different colored eggs and brown egg layers because I like the breeds.

I prefer eggs from my birds. The yolks are richer and they stand up in the pan better. I sell my eggs and have many repeat customers also they tell other people so I'm getting quite a few new customers too. Many say they prefer brown eggs and not colored one. I take some people out to the chicken yard and let them see the birds. They love it.

Back
Top Bottom