Eggs Wobbling/No pip....Help please!!!

bbethea104

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Wetumpka, AL
Ok, today is day 20...on day 18 (after being placed in lockdown) we noticed eggs that started to wobble. It wasn't very often and I read that it could be a sign that they were getting ready to start doing their pecking and it could take a few days for the pip to appear. My husband kept telling me I was crazy and was seeing things, because they weren't wobbling regular just every so often. Day 19 was the same way. This morning we woke up and one is really really wobbling. My husband finally saw it himself and said I wasn't crazy after all LOL...every time I peak in there I see this one going at it...but none of the others :( Ive also read that sometimes wobbling may not even start until after a pip??? The humidity is right at 70% and temps are staying between 99.5 and 100.7. My question is does it sound like everything is still going okay? Im just worried since we haven't had a pip yet and I haven't seen some of the eggs wobble and felt I needed to see other's opinions. I know it could still be a little early but just wondering how others' pips and wobbles vs hatches have gone. Thanks for your advice and any helpful stories that you may give
smile.png

Sounds like they are getting ready and temp and humidity look good. I have some eggs on day 22 and are just pipping and hatching. I had one pip on day 20 and hatch on day 21. I had 10 hatch on day 21 and today is day 22 and have had 8 hatch and like I said one just pipped. Some seem to take longer then others. Do not open the bator unless you really have to. Keep us posted.

Sounds like they are getting ready and temp and humidity look good. I have some eggs on day 22 and are just pipping and hatching. I had one pip on day 20 and hatch on day 21. I had 10 hatch on day 21 and today is day 22 and have had 8 hatch and like I said one just pipped. Some seem to take longer then others. Do not open the bator unless you really have to. Keep us posted.
Thank you...I sure will keep you posted. Im not touching the bator LOL...just starring in it like every 10 mins waiting for something to happen LOL
pop.gif

Oh yea...question for you...did all of yours wobble before pipping? Or did some pip first and then wobble?

Some I saw wabble before and after a Pip. It just depended if I noticed them or not. I don't. Know how new you are to hatching but after they Pip don't be to worried if the don't hatch right away some times it will take hours and hours they need to rest before they zip all the way around. I had one take 20 hours. Give it time. I have some still piping. Any more question don't be afraid to ask. I'll. Keep checking on here every few hours to see how it's going.

Some I saw wabble before and after a Pip. It just depended if I noticed them or not. I don't. Know how new you are to hatching but after they Pip don't be to worried if the don't hatch right away some times it will take hours and hours they need to rest before they zip all the way around. I had one take 20 hours. Give it time. I have some still piping. Any more question don't be afraid to ask. I'll. Keep checking on here every few hours to see how it's going.
Thank you so much!!! I had read that about after the pip to expect the waiting period. The one that is really getting down on wobbling today, I can see where that would ware him/her out. Im hoping for a pip some time tomorrow...The waiting is driving me bonkers LOL

The wobbling is usuall caused by a chick trying to move in the egg. It is completely fine even though it'll drive a momma hen bonkers.

I normally see wobbling in my eggs a few days before hatch. Some are more wiggley then others. You may hear cheeping from inside the eggs soon. Once the eggs start peeping they should pip within a day. The pip only starts the waiting game. I've had eggs take over a day to decide to hatch.

I normally see wobbling in my eggs a few days before hatch. Some are more wiggley then others. You may hear cheeping from inside the eggs soon. Once the eggs start peeping they should pip within a day. The pip only starts the waiting game. I've had eggs take over a day to decide to hatch.
Thanks...I was getting concerned about the others that I hadn't seen wobble yet, so this helped with that. I remember reading during days 1-18 on how much everyone is impatient during lockdown and now I see why. You get so worried over every little thing. Ill keep you all updated on how progress goes tomorrow and so forth. Again, thank you

Back
Top Bottom