Eggs!

howfunkyisurchicken

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Tn
I made a post the other day about wishing my Cochins would get off their lazy butts and lay some eggs. This morning I found an egg on the coop floor I'd never seen before. All of my girls lay in the nestboxes, so I thought it was odd to find it on the floor. Anyhow, it was a very cute, very small brown egg. So I picked it up and tossed it out the door since it was covered in poo
sickbyc.gif
for some reason it clicked that I needed to check the "goat house" which I put a bunch of tubs in for the chickens, since the goat refuses to use it. There they were, 10 adorable little brown eggs. Of course they were all frozen and covered in dirt. The goat house is now the chickens bath house, so I guess they buried them with all of their scratching and such. So now I have to teach these critters to put those eggs in the comfy, clean nesting boxes. But I'm very happy I'm not just feeding a bunch of slackers! And now I'm gonna have to spend the entire day back at the coop, because I just have to know who is laying them. Yay! I have eggs again
woot.gif

I would put fake eggs in your boxes or any frozen eggs
In the spot you want them to lay. My EE likes to adjust the
Shavings in the nesting box for no reason....she's not laying yet....
But she will often kick the golf ball out of the box. Of course
All the eggs are then layed on the floor beside the golf ball:lol:

They just need gentle encouragement !

Back
Top Bottom