Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whenever they want to

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! The members here are great and so are their chickens
wink.png
!!! This is the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM ON EARTH!!!!

Hope you have fun and if you need anything we are here to help!!

welcome-byc.gif

One Americana and Two Rhode Island Reds

If your Ameraucana came from a hatchery, feed store, or tractor supply, it will be an Easter Egger as opposed to a true Ameraucana, which are relatively rare and expensive and can normally only be purchased from breeders (Meyer Hatchery is the one exception). Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their different colored eggs. Good luck with your flock.

If your Ameraucana came from a hatchery, feed store, or tractor supply, it will be an Easter Egger as opposed to a true Ameraucana, which are relatively rare and expensive and can normally only be purchased from breeders (Meyer Hatchery is the one exception). Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their different colored eggs. Good luck with your flock.

x2. Last year I bought some feed store "Araucanas". They are NOT araucanas. They are Easter Eggers. After researching, I found that many are mismarked. Even from the hatcheries. Luckily, my situation didn't bother me. I paid something like $2 per chick and now they are grown hens and laying green, blue, and white eggs. It does bother me that there is not a standard for these breeds and so they continue to be mismarked.

Back
Top Bottom