eglu coop

I have one and love it! Easy to clean and move around the yard. Love the contemporary design. Put it together by myself in a little over 2 hours with no trouble. I have five large Speckled Sussex living in it and was concerned about them during our 100+ summer but it remained cool with plenty of ventilation. Now they are cozy during this cold weather. It has remained water tight and resistant to high winds during storms. I did order the run extension and added an outdoor perch bar. But ease of cleaning is the best feature. I just open it up and hose it out. Really do love it!

Is there a roost inside? Also, any food and water available inside? I have a plastic shed and with the hot sun, it has gotten brittle. How has this held up?

Do you have any pictures?

The floor is a series of roost bars and there are poop trays below. I pull out & empty the trays every other day and pop out the roost bars every week or so and hose them off. There is a separate nest box they access thru a port hole. It hasn't gotten brittle. I expect it may fade a bit over time. But its held up during out hot summers with no warping or getting brittle. What kind of pictures do you want?

We love our Eglu Go. Although when you order it ask them to include the locking mechanism to add onto the back door. This helps keep it even more secure from predators. It doesn't come with the kit - it's extra.

We love our Eglu Go. Although when you order it ask them to include the locking mechanism to add onto the back door. This helps keep it even more secure from predators. It doesn't come with the kit - it's extra.

I am thinking of purchasing the Eglu Go. How much more is the locking mechanism? I also only have two chicks, but plan on getting two more. How many grown hens do you think would fit in the Eglu Go? I'm so excited to find someone who actually has one giving experienced advice on it.

I am just curious so I look it up. Wow! It cost around $300-500 for only 2-3 chickens.

I know, right. I've been shopping for a coop these past few days and they are all $300-$500 and only hold 2-3 chickens. I've even met with a few carpenters (some are here on BYC) that also charge that amount to make a wooden one that only fits 2-3 chickens. I figure might as well buy the Eglu Go since it's so easy to clean and will last much longer than any wooden one. This way I get the most for my money.

I know, right. I've been shopping for a coop these past few days and they are all $300-$500 and only hold 2-3 chickens. I've even met with a few carpenters (some are here on BYC) that also charge that amount to make a wooden one that only fits 2-3 chickens. I figure might as well buy the Eglu Go since it's so easy to clean and will last much longer than any wooden one. This way I get the most for my money.

If you don't need portable, just build one from free pallets or shipping box. I built my from shipping box and total cost around $75. It hold about 15 chickens. I am sure you can build one portable out of 55gal plastic barrel or dog house. With that kind of cost, I would just by the eggs.

Last edited:
If you don't need portable, just build one from free pallets or shipping box. I built my from shipping box and total cost around $75. It hold about 15 chickens. I am sure you can build one portable out of 55gal plastic barrel or dog house. With that kind of cost, I would just by the eggs.

Wow, $75! That is awesome!
clap.gif
I would love to see pictures of your coop. Did you post it here on BYC? I would love to see how you made it. We are not that good at building something that would look decent in our backyard (we don't live on a farm). I know to most people chickens really don't mean much and are used for only eggs, but to my family owning chickens is for a lot more than just the eggs. To us it is really about our pets really do give us our breakfast and so much more.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom