elec feather plucker

there's opne made from an electric drill and a more expensive one at least, in the meat birds section

Quote:
I didn't find anything very recent..
I have built two whizbangs and I am thinking of doing a 3rd one.
My last (current) one is chain and sprocket driven..
I have a lot of notes and pictures to share if anybody wants to build one..
I also have a lot of improvements over the original plans ..
...........jiminwisc.........

Quote:

Oh yes, please share! Hoping for something very cheap to build. I have a table saw and could use the motor, or I can get an old washing machine, but I prefer something easy to move around. Hopefully I'll have geese and ducks to do and I'm not real happy with the person I take them to.

Quote:
Terri, the only electrical part on this plucker is mounting a motor.. the rest of it is basic mechanical.. a little woodwoorking, and a lot of drilling..

.......jiminwisc.......

Quote:

Oh yes, please share! Hoping for something very cheap to build. I have a table saw and could use the motor, or I can get an old washing machine, but I prefer something easy to move around. Hopefully I'll have geese and ducks to do and I'm not real happy with the person I take them to.

The whizbang is not real cheap to build.. If you buy the kit from the whizbang man it costs about $600.oo

But if you are a real good scrounger, and junk picker, you can do it for much less. I built both of mine for under $250.oo each..

all you need is a clean 55 gallon plastic barrel, I would not recommend using a washing machine.. especially a porcelain coated one.. You have to drill about 60 3/4" diameter holes in it.. the drum does not spin,, there is a plate in the bottom that spins..

Back
Top Bottom