Electric poultry netting/fencing?

From what i understand foxes are excellent jumpers, think 5-6 feet. And electric fence will not deter aerial predators. I do like the portable fencing they sell for goats. I doubt the chickens would be harmed by the fence unless they got tangled in it somehow.

From what i understand foxes are excellent jumpers, think 5-6 feet. And electric fence will not deter aerial predators. I do like the portable fencing they sell for goats. I doubt the chickens would be harmed by the fence unless they got tangled in it somehow.
Oh man a fox can jump right over it? So what does it deter then? Just raccoons?

i dont think you need to worry about flying foxes. lolol.

electronet will keep out pretty much everything. Most animals run away after getting zapped once and do not want to attempt a second chance. Of course you have the determined few in rare occasions.

I would personally be more concerned about human error on set up. Or maybe forgeting to turn it back on after doing chores.

Racoons, possums, maybe coyotes, some foxes, stray dogs ( they are some of the worst killers) and stray cats will be repelled.
I've never seen stray dogs around my house, or anywhere really. Hopefully I don't because I wouldn't trust a stray dog around my children either. We do have all the other predators though. I'm trying to plan out what I want to do. It's so hard designing!

i dont think you need to worry about flying foxes. lolol.

electronet will keep out pretty much everything. Most animals run away after getting zapped once and do not want to attempt a second chance. Of course you have the determined few in rare occasions.

I would personally be more concerned about human error on set up. Or maybe forgeting to turn it back on after doing chores.
That's what I was originally thinking that if a fox got a good zap (or coyote, etc) that they would just leave...hopefully lol

i am assuming my ducks have been zapped. They will not come close to the fence, even when I have opened a part of it. They won't cross that invisible line where the fence usually is. It works great at keeping the dogs out. Once they get zapped once they don't go near it again.

Thanks! We have foxes, coyotes, raccoons, and hawks around here so it would be dual purpose definitely. That's why if I'm containing them I'd want protection for them as well.

Wouldn't have living chickens if I didn't have a very high poultry net and deer fence from Premier 1, awesome stuff. The very tall net they offer keeps in all but the flightiest of birds, I use a 30 inch net around the coop, a tall net outer net. I had to shift to an interior net as well to keep a very determined fox and a tree jumping possum out of the six foot high kennel that forms the central coop.

When I've tried to go with just hardwire I end up with near complete loss.

Electric poultry net from premier and a Good charger and no loss.

And in truth, mostly the chickens and always the dogs, honor even the 30 inch net.

i am assuming my ducks have been zapped. They will not come close to the fence, even when I have opened a part of it. They won't cross that invisible line where the fence usually is. It works great at keeping the dogs out. Once they get zapped once they don't go near it again.
Ducks are incredibly smart. I was quite shocked at their intelligence when I first hit my ducks :)

Back
Top Bottom