Embdem Goslings questions

when I had one duckling with my chicks last year i fed all grower for chicks (unmedicated, of course!). I did watch the duckling in case she had an issue, and I had nutritional yeast I sprinkled on her food. I would've gotten brewer's yeast to add if she showed any problems, but she never did. I had her outside pretty early anyway since she was a July hatch, and she caught bugs to make up her own niacin I think... 

Nutritional yeast is higher in niacin than brewers yeast.
Its what i use too
1f642.png

I didn't know nutritional was higher in niacin. that's great to know! the duckling didn't really like it, so I didn't use it all the time.

Last edited:
I talked to the lady at tractor supply I am feeding what they are feeding their ducklings and chicks (the naturewise starter/ grower) they feed what the hatchery feeds witch is the food I'm feeding. Ducks should not have over 24% protein as it will cause them to be extremely fat. My food is unmediated with 20% protein and my flock of misfits (ducks, chickens and a goose) is 100% healthy and growing as they should be.

Last edited:
I talked to the lady at tractor supply I am feeding what they are feeding their ducklings and chicks (the naturewise starter/ grower) they feed what the hatchery feeds witch is the food I'm feeding. Ducks should not have over 24% protein as it will cause them to be extremely fat. My food is unmediated with 20% protein and my flock of misfits (ducks, chickens and a goose) is 100% healthy and growing as they should be.

Not only fat but can cause angle wing too. I personally would not feed over 20% but that is me.

Back
Top Bottom