Embryonic Development Experiments (WARNING... GRAPHIC PICTURES and DESCRIPTIONS)

0.jpg

All the test eggs are doing great!! the egg I take out of the incubator at night is still alive and doing really good.
The egg I'm not turning is also doing great and is still growing.
Tomorrow since Easter is near I'm going to dye one of the chicken eggs to see if any of the color makes it into the egg.

I have estimated when the egg I take out of the incubator will hatch. Out of the incubator for around 9 hours X 14 days left = 126 hours Divided by 24 = 5.25 extra days needed. So it will take 26 days to hatch if it survives.

Everything is still alive and doing great!! Last night I dyed one of the eggs and we will see if we have blue/green chick hatch in two weeks!! video update coming tonight

0.jpg

Day 11: Abdominal walls established; loops of intestine begin to protrude into the yolk sac; down feathers visible; comb and wattles visible; claws and scales appear on toes; mesonephros reaches maximum level of function, then begins to degenerate; metanephros begins to function.

UPDATE! Put in 6 new duck eggs!! Sadly the last 6 weren't fertile. All the experiment eggs are still alive and doing really well!!! Didn't think the egg that I take out at night would make it this long!!
7 DAYS TO GO UNTIL HATCH #1

6 DUCK EGGS SET 3/30/15 HATCH 4/20/16

Embryonic Development Of a Chicken: WHAT HAPPENS OF YOU DON'T TURN THE EGG??

BOTH EGGS ARE ON DAY 17, THE BIGGER ONE HASN'T BEEN TURNED SINCE DAY 7 AND THE SMALL CHICK IS THE ONE THAT I TOOK OUT OF THE INCUBATOR AT NIGHT FOR ABOUT 9 HOURS. THE SMALL ONE LOOKS LIKE IT'S ONLY ON DAY 10 SO IT'S ABOUT A WEEK OFF FROM THE BIGGER ONE. THE BIGGER ONE LOOKS NORMAL FOR IT NOT BEING TURNED IN ALMOST 2 WEEKS WHILE IT WAS GROWING, MOST PEOPLE STAY IF YOU DON'T TURN THE EGG ON WEEKENDS THEN YOU'LL HAVE A DEFORMED CHICK. YOU STILL SHOULD TURN YOUR EGGS EVERYDAY!!! NEXT TIME I'M GOING TO TRY THIS AGAIN AND SEE IF THEY WILL STILL HATCH, BUT THE EGG I TAKE OUT EVERY NIGHT WILL TAKE ABOUT A WEEK LONGER TO HATCH.

0.jpg

So what's the dinference between killing the chick before it hatches and killing it after it was born. Surely you could have just put it out of its misery moments after hatch if you had noticed major deformities....

to learn about how it develops, look at all the other developing pictures on how do you think we all have learned so much about how they grow.

Back
Top Bottom