Embryos possibly stuck to side of egg, need some reassurance.

HatchMcHatcherson

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2023
Hello fellow chicken people, First time incubating chicken eggs, I'm using a Hatching Time Incubator CT120 with automatic egg turners, Temperature is Set as default per Hatching time recommendations 99.8F and 50% Humidity. Eggs were placed in the incubator 1/31/23 at 1900. I placed the eggs on their side instead of upright. When I placed them in the incubator, they were relatively cold outside temp , I didn't know that I had to let them heat up naturally to room temp to avoid a possible issue with the embryo sticking to the eggshell. I will be posting images when I'm at home. I would like some advice and reassurance in regard to this issue. Ive attached a link to a thread that has images similar to what my mine would look like. Post #6 has the images. TIA

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...he-side-of-the-egg-what-does-it-mean.1539473/

Yes @casportpony a few of them are marked. I've seen them being turned by the positioning of the egg being different.
To see if embryos are stuck, mark one side of the egg with an x and the other side with an o. Then manually set them so all x's are visible, candle them in 30 minutes, and all embryos should be under the x. Once done candling, turn them so the o is visible, wait 30 minutes, and candle again.

Thanks for the super helpful tip and advice @casportpony . All is good in the neighborhood. I feel so much better now. 😌 they are coming along nicely

Attachments

• 20230209_121105.jpg
    20230209_121105.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 19

Back
Top Bottom