Emergency- Chicken vomiting brown liquid (does not have any odor)

Ok thank you! Going to give her the laxative and the yeast meds today...do you give them at the same time or space them out. Laxative first and then yeast med a few hours later?
No. You do not want to give a laxative, you want to give a stool softener (Docusate sodium). Stimulant free.

Yes. I would give the coconut oil and stool softener. No massage, then yeast med twice a day.

Crap crap crap :eek:
I bought a box this morning labelled dulcolax and gave her half a suppository around 1pm...just read your post and then re-read the box...it is a laxative and not a stool softner!! Shit...is this going to make her worse or have more pain? Poor little hen :(

Crap crap crap :eek:
I bought a box this morning labelled dulcolax and gave her half a suppository around 1pm...just read your post and then re-read the box...it is a laxative and not a stool softner!! Shit...is this going to make her worse or have more pain? Poor little hen :(
:hugs
I really don't know what the laxative ingredient will do - it may cause really loose stools or cramps (just a guess) so you will want to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated.

So Rosemary was looking like she was slightly improving yesterday and now this morning she is really not looking good again. I started the yeast meds friday so 3 days of treatment so far. She still has quite a bit of liquid on her crop. She drinks a lot but hasn't really eaten much since thursday or friday. I have been trying scrambled egg and yogurt and wet feed. She doesn't try any of it. She has quite a few liquid/ watery poops per day :( Today her comb has got a purplish hue to it ...and she is looking weaker. How long does it normally take for the fungal cream to take effect and improve the situation??
She also hasn't laid an egg since Thursday (or before) and is only 2 years old (so she should be still laying everyday?)

So Rosemary was looking like she was slightly improving yesterday and now this morning she is really not looking good again. I started the yeast meds friday so 3 days of treatment so far. She still has quite a bit of liquid on her crop. She drinks a lot but hasn't really eaten much since thursday or friday. I have been trying scrambled egg and yogurt and wet feed. She doesn't try any of it. She has quite a few liquid/ watery poops per day :( Today her comb has got a purplish hue to it ...and she is looking weaker. How long does it normally take for the fungal cream to take effect and improve the situation??
She also hasn't laid an egg since Thursday (or before) and is only 2 years old (so she should be still laying everyday?)
I'm sorry she's not doing well.
It can take several days for the crop to clear with treatment. Are you giving the yeast medication 2X a day?

Sometimes as mentioned in previous posts, crop symptoms can be hard to correct depending on the cause. Often a hen is having reproductive issues that may be causing inflammation and slowing the whole process. If she's not been laying eggs, then this may be the case. Sadly, it can be common for a laying hen even at 2yrs of age to start having difficulties.

Ok thank you!
I am giving her the fungal cream twice a day. What dosage do you suggest? I am giving 1cc now 2x/day. Should I give more?

Back
Top Bottom