EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE!!!

I wouldn't do anything until tomorrow morning, and hopefully it will hatch on its own overnight. Hope you get more pips today!

Are you hatching chickens or ducks or something else?

Nice! What kind of incubator? If you are on day 23, you're a bit late and next time you might want to bump the temperature up half a degree or so to get closer to day 21. Did you count your first day as 1 or 0?

From my experience once they have zipped and stop for more than an hour they are usually dead for what ever reason. I wouldn't touch if it's just piped, but if it's zipped and not progressing it may have got stuck.

Emergency advice please
I have been brooding a chick in the shell in my bra for 3 days now. It made an internal pip 24hrs ago but no further developments since then. It's brood mate pipped on Sunday but then suffocated because the membrane was over it's nostrils. It was cheeping earlier but then stopped and i couldn't see any movement when candling. After what happened before i couldn't stand it any longer so i made a hole in the shell. The inner membrane is intact and the chick is moving but i can't find the beak although I've gone half way round. Should i leave it a bit longer or keep trying to find the beak? This is my first brood so i don't have much experience.

Since you are that far, go ahead and take the top off carefully, then moisten the membrane over the chick. That should make the beak easier to see. If you don't see any veins, go ahead and tear the membrane near the beak.

Lack of humidity is your biggest issue right now, and the membrane can get dry and tough

Back
Top Bottom