Emergency!! Help! Quickly, please!!!!!!!!

If she's gizzard bound your options and the success thereof will depend on what is binding her up. I've used doses of olive oil to help them clear blockages that obviously weren't too big or solid. Your latest report of symptoms is familiar... I've had chooks go through basically the same patterns of symptoms; some died, some lived, and I don't know for sure what I did that made a difference in either direction, if at all... Sorry. She sounds a bit better, at least, that's encouraging.

Watery poop with undigested seeds/grains in it; loss of weight with a lot of fluid in the crop; then those previous symptoms which thankfully she seems to have come out the other side of... I've had all that happen before, but don't actually have any solid idea of what it is. It's never been a long term problem though. One way or another. I'd check on that lump and try to see whether or not it's a crop blockage or maybe even a non-edible she's swallowed that only obstructs her feeding some of the time. Is it in the crop or outside? I think that lump is likely part of the problem.

Having said that, there's a good chance you could be right about it being possibly a temporary blockage of the crop or bowels, which could account for the lost weight and other factors. Still, I'd check that lump, just to be sure. Hope she recovers completely.

Back
Top Bottom