Emergency!Hen pecked badly. HELP

WolfGirlMagic

Songster
5 Years
Nov 9, 2017
My favorite buff Brahma looks to have had her rear end pecked badly and is struggling to breathe, and has loss of color in comb. What to do. She looks like she might die. 😭
I irrigated it with clorehexidine solution and put silver sufiadazine creme on wound. (My vet prescribed this treatment before.)
What can I do????

Attachments

• IMG_20200405_135604.jpg
    IMG_20200405_135604.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200405_135606.jpg
    IMG_20200405_135606.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200405_134949.jpg
    IMG_20200405_134949.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 9
My favorite buff Brahma looks to have had her rear end pecked badly and is struggling to breathe, and has loss of color in comb. What to do. She looks like she might die. 😭
I irrigated it with clorehexidine solution and put silver sufiadazine creme on wound. (My vet prescribed this treatment before.)
What can I do????

Keep her warm, I'd suggest a heat lamp. Give her electrolytes (gatorade if you don't have any medical electrolytes), and offer her some feed. Did you rinse the wound thouroughly before applying the treatments? Do you have any vetericyn spray?

Keep her warm, I'd suggest a heat lamp. Give her electrolytes (gatorade if you don't have any medical electrolytes), and offer her some feed. Did you rinse the wound thouroughly before applying the treatments? Do you have any vetericyn spray?
We rushed her to the vet. It was too late. She was septic and passed in our arms before the vet could humanely euthinaze. The vet said egg yolk peritonitis went necrotic. I don't understand because she was fine! I looked her over really well 3 days ago!!! And all eggs have been accounted for.
I'm beyond upset
She was my giant Brahma that all my hens s sleep under like chicks
Thanks for the reply.

We rushed her to the vet. It was too late. She was septic and passed in our arms before the vet could humanely euthinaze. The vet said egg yolk peritonitis went necrotic. I don't understand because she was fine! I looked her over really well 3 days ago!!! And all eggs have been accounted for.
I'm beyond upset
She was my giant Brahma that all my hens s sleep under like chicks
Thanks for the reply.

I'm so sorry for your loss, they are so good at hiding illness until it's too late.
Sending hugs.

Back
Top Bottom