EMERGENCY hen recovered from bumble foot is extremely bloated and wierd comb

Pics
I think some recommend removing small amounts, while others including Casportpony remove as much as there is. My one hen leaked for hours after I drained her. But would always offer electrolytes to replace the lost ones from draining. Her eyes look bright.
Are bright eyes good or bad, and I took out what I thought was a little compared to what she had at first so she could get used to it and now have taken out a lot more but not all of it

Oh, I am sorry for your loss. So happy that she got out a bit and enjoyed a few days. I had a similar experience with my hen. I drained her 3 times over 2 weeks. After the first draining, she filled up a few days later. The last draining, the fluid was thick and cloudy. She went downhill pretty fast.

Oh, I am sorry for your loss. So happy that she got out a bit and enjoyed a few days. I had a similar experience with my hen. I drained her 3 times over 2 weeks. After the first draining, she filled up a few days later. The last draining, the fluid was thick and cloudy.
It did seems a bit think I think

When I lost my little hen and others, I usually would do a home necropsy on them to look at the major abdominal organs. It sometimes can give a clue to the cause of the ascites. I once found fatty liver disease in one hen with it, but usually it was from a reproductive infection or disorder. If you should decide to do one, take pictures to post here for any opinions.

When I lost my little hen and others, I usually would do a home necropsy on them to look at the major abdominal organs. It sometimes can give a clue to the cause of the ascites. I once found fatty liver disease in one hen with it, but usually it was from a reproductive infection or disorder. If you should decide to do one, take pictures to post here for any opinions.
I don’t think it’s worth it personally and we’re pretty sure it was from heart failure but I’ll think about it since she’s fresh

Back
Top Bottom