emergency please help and look at my pics

Freitas farm

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
So I thought my egg internally pipped and so I was told to help well I did and there was no internal peep

What can I do? Is it to late or does it still have a chance I think the chick is positioned wrong. I think but what do I know NOTHING!

That membrane looks pretty dry and like it is shrinking...this will stop the chick getting out. Can you see enough to see if the chick has absorbed its yolk? Can you see where the beak is? If the answer to both of these is yes, then I would very carefully poke a small hole where the beak is and see how it gets on. I would also wrap the rest of it loosely in wet kitchen roll and keep a close eye to ensure the paper doesn't get in the way of hatching.

I note its been an hour since you posted....how's it going?

Horrible so the baby I think is dead he was barely moving in the first place. The yolk was not absorbed. I feel so bad. Never ever again will I do that. Lessoned learned. This whole hatching thing a bit stressful. I dont know whatm I'm doing wrong I think what is happening is they all go to full term and then thats it there weak. Some will peap through the shell and never get no further. Maybe my temp is to low it fluctuates quit a bit. From 99. To 101.7 give or take.

So when I opened that egg it was that dry had no hole in the egg till stupid me opened it. It looked like that write a away. Is it possible for that to happen before the shell is even opened

What incubator ar you using...is it still air or forced? How reliable are the temp and humidity read outs? What temp/humidity do you have it set at? How often do you turn? When do you stop turning and when do you lockdown? How often do you candle? These are all factors in a successful or non-successful hatch.

So I have a lil giant still air. i use a egg turner. i candle alot : / and my humidity is pretty high 50-60 during incubation and then i up it to 75-85 and i use a digital thermometer and hydrometer. i have a new batch of shipped eggs that came in today any advice please tell me.

I have my own emergency

I have a hen setting on 20 eggs and one of them hatched early this morning. cute little thing but it has been all day and no other egg has hatched and I am getting worried momma will ignore the little chick for the eggs she is still siting on. I heard 16 hours but I have no idea exactly when it hatched what should I do? I have and incubator so I can pull them out and pop them in the incubator I have already have the incubator running started it this morning in case I needed to load it up to hatch the rest of them but I need to know if this is the right thing to do. I have only had chickens for 9 months and have no experience with hatching eggs. I got the hens from my married daughter who raised them form babies she ordered on the net. Help me please!

Randy

Im not experienced my self but my son has a hen that had lots of eggs under yesterday to hatch and today more so I would leave them I guess

Back
Top Bottom