EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

frizzlelove83

Chirping
Mar 19, 2015
hi yall my first hatches of the year were suppost to hatch today but i just canceled and they look very different than they did one week ago, most of the embryo has disappeared can i get some help trouble shooting?
in light of the situation i started to candle some of my other eggs at 12 ish days and they look kinda weird as well
I can have pictures soon

Pictures would definitely help. Have you hatched chicks before? If not, all that dark area is the embryo, it's just super big. Since they are supposed to hatch today, don't candle them anymore. You aren't supposed to candle after day 18, so that might have something to do with it as well. Sometimes they hatch a day or two late, or we mix up our dates. Trust me, I've done that several times before. For now, just leave them alone in the incubator and keep an eye out for any shaking, chirping, or pipping.

When you say most of the embryo has disappeared, do you mean it is clear, like this?

Or do you mean like this?

If it's more like the second one, leave them alone. That dark patch is just the chick.

Check this out:

Candling-chicken-eggs-chicks-600.jpg

this is my 3rd year hatching chickens,
the eggs seemed clear but with dime ish sized black spots near the air cell when i candled a few weeks ago they looked normal and i could see movement

this is my 3rd year hatching chickens,
the eggs seemed clear but with dime ish sized black spots near the air cell when i candled a few weeks ago they looked normal and i could see movement

I haven't seen any movement and I didn't hear anything... some of the eggs were bantam and those usually hatch day 19-20 for me

Back
Top Bottom