Emu Feed Mix

KariBunny

Songster
7 Years
Sep 8, 2016
Terrell TX
Hi Everyone hope everybody is doing well.
I wanted to start a new thread since i cant find many information on this topic.
I have 4 emus and wanted to know what do you guys feed other than ratite feed to your emus?
Does anyone have like a recipe of mix and how much protein does that equal too?
Thank you so much for reading this.

Hey, K. More knowledgeable folks will be along shortly.

[Seven emus here at dawn: 007, a female, and her posse. One of the 'sooky females.' And Mr. and Mrs. Bird. Figs just cut out. Lilly pillies coming soon.]

Supreme Emu

If you have Facebook, join the emu owners group. I have seen some threads about this over there. I don’t mix my own, I just feed mazuri maintenance and kalmbach breeder/grower.

Hi Everyone hope everybody is doing well.
I wanted to start a new thread since i cant find many information on this topic.
I have 4 emus and wanted to know what do you guys feed other than ratite feed to your emus?
Does anyone have like a recipe of mix and how much protein does that equal too?
Thank you so much for reading this.
I have 4 emus. Couldn't find emu food, so since 2019, I've been feeding 2 to 3 parts All Stock, 1 mini chicken food and 1 part rabbit food. I've tried to give them corn, vegetables, bread with no luck. I got this from this site when I first got them.

One: I am Wild Emu Guy -- so you must wait for folks who have pet emus.

Two: but . . .

emus love and need fresh food. You can try them with almost any chopped fresh vegies. They will scoff down more fresh and dried fruit than you can either believe or afford.

Three: if, over time, you can get anything edible to grow in their paddock, you are doing well. Even fresh grass is a damp corner that lasts longer into spring is a treat.

Supreme Emu

Back
Top Bottom