Emu incubator Questions

Jason Y

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 2, 2010
Poulsbo
Evening, I recently purchased a couple of incubators that had previously been used for Emu eggs,

Biggest question I have is, how different from Turkey eggs, will the settings be assuming that its set up correctly for Emu eggs right now.

I believe Emu eggs require very high humidity,
What sort of temperature do the require?

I will try and post some pictures of the turner set up tomorrow, it pretty interesting.

Evening, I recently purchased a couple of incubators that had previously been used for Emu eggs, 

Biggest question I have is, how different from Turkey eggs, will the settings be assuming that its set up correctly for Emu eggs right now.​

I believe Emu eggs require very high humidity, ​
What sort of temperature  do the require?​

I will try and post some pictures of the turner set up tomorrow, it pretty interesting. ​

Emu need a lower humidity than most other birds. they Incubator at 97.5 degrees.

Thank You
Here are some pictures of the incubator in question.
It is designed for emu eggs, should be interesting to see if I can make it work for Turkey eggs.
If there is anyone that has one of this manufacture please let me know, I am looking for information. Perhaps a manual, this is kind of a cross post. Not really what I had intended when I started this thread.

Unable so far to locate a manual or how to, So I took the back panel off, You can see the heating elements and dual fans. From what I gather the humidity is passive, there is a small 3/4 PVC on the side of the cabinet. There was a tube hooked up to the side of the cabinet when I picked it up.

I still have not plugged it in, or even unloaded it. However it appears that the fans are independent.

Back
Top Bottom