END OF FEB. HATCH-ALONG, ANYONE?

tinychicky

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 24, 2010
New Hampshire, U.S.A
I'm taking advantage of having five broodies, so i just set about 20 eggs between them! This hatch i've got:

- Wheaten Ameraucana over a BR for sex-linked EE's!

-Some 'regular' EE's

- EE and some white eggs that are probably tetra tints or leghorns from our local farmstand, just to see if they'll hatch
tongue.png
-If my SQ seramas and d'anvers' laying finally starts kicking in I'll set thier eggs too
droolin.gif

Everything's due between Feb. 26th and March 1st...

... SO IS ANYONE WITH ME??

I'm taking advantage of having five broodies, so i just set about 20 eggs between them! This hatch i've got:

- Wheaten Ameraucana over a BR for sex-linked EE's!

-Some 'regular' EE's

- EE and some white eggs that are probably tetra tints or leghorns from our local farmstand, just to see if they'll hatch
tongue.png
-If my SQ seramas and d'anvers' laying finally starts kicking in I'll set thier eggs too
droolin.gif

Everything's due between Feb. 26th and March 1st...

... SO IS ANYONE WITH ME??

I let one of my first time broodies ( black 65% orp hen named Faith) set on the 27th of Jan. She was heavily into it. I moved her to a warmer area that had some privacy and she never faulted. Now this is day 11 I think and she is doing great. I only had 6 eggs so not sure what I will get in more ways than one. I had switched roos about two weeks before. I had a NH roo and now I have a 65% Black English roo. Both are active fellows. I have one Del, two Br,I copper marans, one lavender orp, , one bluelaced 65% orp hen, That were laying at the time. ? which ones are fertile or not. I have not candled and did not want to at this time. I like the surprise factor. Good luck with your hatch. I can barely wait to see these little ones.
I have a new hatcher but am not totally well enough at this time to set it and watch it. I'm letting the big Faith do it. I think she will be better at it anyway. Gloria Jean

I can't let my broody hen have eggs right now it's too cold I don't think her eggs would survive. I do have eggs in the incubator due to hatch on the 25th though if that counts lol.

Just put in some Spitzhauben eggs in the incubator this afternoon. Hoping for a good hatch, but we'll see if the PO scrambled them first.

I have 34 Delaware X Hamps (some may be part Old English Bantam, had one roo that died two weeks ago) due to hatch the 25th. Happy hatching all. Should be interesting to see if I get any mor delaware x hamp, old english bantam crosses like I had hatch last month. 4 out of the 15 hatched have OEB markings. Cant wait to see what they grow into!

I have some FBCM, Welsummer, OE's, and two mutts due to hatch Feb. 27.
Breaking in my auto turner I got last week!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Just set 5 Welsummer, 5 Delaware and 5 Black/Blue/Splash Ameraucana. Sure hope we hatch some healthy chicks this time! Aiming for leap year day....but really just aiming for healthy chicks!

Back
Top Bottom