English Orpington Buffs

pedoodle

Songster
Sep 6, 2013
Stockton, California

This is my first trio. I recently killed the rooster and at 11 months found a lot of fat! I made a stew with the back portion and found the skeletal structure to be somewhat different than what I'm used to! The bones remained hard as rock even after many hours of cooking time! The trio has provided 2 young roosters and 2 young hens to keep their moms company. Will the young roosters eventually mount both their mothers and sisters?

This is my first trio. I recently killed the rooster and at 11 months found a lot of fat! I made a stew with the back portion and found the skeletal structure to be somewhat different than what I'm used to! The bones remained hard as rock even after many hours of cooking time! The trio has provided 2 young roosters and 2 young hens to keep their moms company. Will the young roosters eventually mount both their mothers and sisters?
Absolutely. All they care about is gender.

The English Orpington Buff offspring rooster has turned out the complete opposite of his father. Totally non aggressive towards me.
I added Longhorns and Rhode Island Reds to the flock. Got some beautiful cockerels although I was really hoping for some pullets!

Back
Top Bottom