English Orpington sexing 9 weeks

Marleeschicks

Chirping
May 28, 2023
Hi again guys!
So I have been told these two English lavender mottled Orpingtons both look like pullets.
I know I for sure have one pullet. Though the second one looks so incredibly different with comb and wattle development that it’s hard ti believe she’s also a girl lol. Is this normal to be this varied in development?
Any thoughts? I have photos of the one in question and if them together. The one in question is certainly more dominant than the other. Not that it necessarily matters— she doesn’t seem to be acting extra in the roo department. Thoughts?
Sorry I am not sure how to label the photos individually in this site yet :)

Attachments

• IMG_2900.jpeg
    IMG_2900.jpeg
    933.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3426.jpeg
    IMG_3426.jpeg
    772.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3249.jpeg
    IMG_3249.jpeg
    611.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3433.jpeg
    IMG_3433.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 28
It looks like you have a pair. At 9 weeks you won't have much roo behavior or any male specific hackle or saddle feathers. The feathers will start to develop after week 12, some are late bloomers though.

It looks like you have a pair. At 9 weeks you won't have much roo behavior or any male specific hackle or saddle feathers. The feathers will start to develop after week 12, some are late bloomers though.
Thanks!! — Does pair imply Roo and hen?

One female and a male. It looks like one is also a bit bigger in size beside the red colored comb. He already has a lot of comb and wattle at 9 weeks. Also check the legs of the chickens. Male have bigger legs.

Back
Top Bottom