English Sheaperd

Our budget isn't in the space for electric fencing. Our bee yard is already fenced off. The dogs have tried to get in there before and were unsuccessful.
The cost of dog in first 12 months will exceed cost of electrified poultry netting, fence charger, and other supplies. I would do both.

My experience with starting pups with chickens is the pup make take out more chickens than the fox will if you do not invest in controlling the pup.

I am in school and I pay for all of my chickens supplies with my own egg money. My parents are buying and paying for all the extra stuff for the puppy themselves. My egg budget is not in a place for electric fencing

Last edited:
We got him Saturday and he had behaved well with the chickens.

Attachments

• 2272BACB-0446-4F35-98C2-3D133C0C576E.jpeg
    2272BACB-0446-4F35-98C2-3D133C0C576E.jpeg
    994 KB · Views: 4
We got him Saturday and he had behaved well with the chickens.
That means very little in terms of what is to come. Stay on top of the pup making certain to keep it mentally stimulated. I would invest in an enclosure such as a 10' x 10' dog kennel with solid rough and concrete base. Release pup at least daily at regular times to develop a regimen. Make certain the dog encounters chickens every time and watch for interest in playing chickens so as to shut it down asap.

Back
Top Bottom