Enjoying my new buddies

Lil'ChickFarm

Songster
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Pigeons are getting a lot more fun.
A pair has mated

Chowing down sprouted pigeon seed. I feed them the wild bird seed and corn, but I got pigeon seed to sprout for all my birds and chickens, as it is so healthy for them sprouted. I also give them greens.

It is supposed to say Chowing, not crowing, lol

Pigeons are getting a lot more fun.
A pair has mated

Chowing down sprouted pigeon seed. I feed them the wild bird seed and corn, but I got pigeon seed to sprout for all my birds and chickens, as it is so healthy for them sprouted. I also give them greens.

It is supposed to say Chowing, not crowing, lol
I have never been able to get my pigeons to eat any greens. Do they eat the sprouted seeds a lot? I have never used them.

My pigeons get the dry seed, grit and oystershell. and a pot of chicken food when they are rearing young. Also some chicken layer pellets when they are laying eggs.

Always big healthy birds... but I am interested in trying the sprouted seed.

What is in "pigeon seed"? I've only heard of couple times now.
wondering how different from pigeon pellets (BBs), budgie feed, chicken layer pellets, wild dove food (cannot remember what's in it, but guessing not complete), general wild bird seed mixes.

Last edited:
#2 Pigeon Feed lists Milo, wheat,and Canadian peas,for adult rollers, Crude protein.....12% min... Crude Fat........3.0%min Crude Fiber 5.0%max..
Ideal Pigeon feed co.. lists
12% SELECT (POPCORN) - R/C Wheat, Popcorn, Red & White Milo, Trapper Peas, Maple Peas, Oat Groats, Safflower Seeds and Paddy Rice.

Back
Top Bottom