Enrichment for Ducks

Can you please share some pictures of your mats and toys when you are able? I was just talking with my hubby last night about improving enrichment over the winter months, and I was thinking of building a foraging box (kind of like a sand box for kids with hidden treats), but we couldn’t quite come up with the perfect design, and couldn’t decide on a safe but interesting substrate.
yep, here's some pictures! i buy the mats/snuffle balls on amazon but i've seen a lot of people make their own! F847948C-4DDF-4771-AF44-BF228213A8B1.jpeg 51B2C14A-6704-4B86-AD2F-E2641CCF925A.jpeg 96EE4C85-7EF0-46AD-92FC-CE299CFA1106.jpeg

Wow! He even attacked the duck that came near him 😭
Daisy just gets himself in a frenzy sometimes 🤣 That was his girlfriend, Daffy, that walked by. I only have the two ducks. I love that I can hear him playing with it at night too while I'm in the living room watching TV. He loves that thing and he doesn't let Daffy play with it either 🙄 Good thing she keeps herself entertained by creating & biting at her own bubbles in the water tub 🥰

Is that how you are distracting him from over-mating Daffy?!!!
;-)
Actually, that was exactly why I got it. Daffy was doing her part by telling him no and it served as a way for him to take out his frustration instead of persisting.

I felt bad for the guy, it's not his fault he constantly has the urge 😥 Also, Daffy did great too by letting him be successful sometimes so he wasn't constantly having to play by himself.

Back
Top Bottom