Eprinex good to treat gapeworm?

tnchickchic

Hatching
10 Years
May 15, 2009
I have tried to find info about using Eprinex to treat gapeworm. Lots of posts about using Ivermectin. Does anyone know if Eprinex is effective for treating gapeworm? I have Eprinex, but not Ivermectin so wasn't sure if I needed to buy Ivermectin. Thanks in advance.

We used it (Eprinex)to treat some chickens that we got that had lice and also to do a worming of all of the birds (you do not have to get rid of any eggs after the treatment unlike some other wormers). We would just feel better if someone could tell us that eprinex will get rid of gapeworm. One of our pullets is running around shaking her head and doing the open-mouth "gape". We will get some Ivermectin if we need to, but have had no information to guide us yet.

Sorry...can't help. I've recently googled because I was seeing some of that open mouth gaping. In all of the sites I visited and all the old threads I read through here on BYC, I don't recall ever seeing Eprinex named as being used. I always saw some version of Ivermec...and another product (sold for sheep/goats) w/a brand of Safe Guard (can't recall the drug, but it wasn't Eprinex). Does the bottle include any mention of lungworms or something along those lines???

Back
Top Bottom