Erm... this may solve your predator problems? Maybe?

Campine Lover

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Moss Beach, CA
I was looking at my neighbor's chicken coop, and noticed it was very open. It looked like a racoon could just walk on in! Since he'd been keeping the same chickens in the same coop for a long time, I asked him how he lost no birds. He said this. "If you pee on it every night, no 'coons ever go near it!" Well. Errrrr, so I guess if you are desperate...... personally, I've never tried it, but.... ya.

that's all the rage.

Personally, never worked for me. Maybe his garbage cans aren't locked up as tight as mine were.

My dogs pee all over my yard, seems to work at least as well as anything keeping the raccoons away, plus they chase them out of the fenced yard. So urine yes, my own, nope.

Quote:
and less chance of going to jail!
lau.gif

Quote:
and less chance of going to jail!
lau.gif

your not allowed to pee in your own yard?

not if the whole neighborhood can see you standing out there on the deck...

now we have trees. bushes. and dh quit smoking.

what is it about males, the first cigarette of the day, and open air?

Quote:
Coyote urine is good for attracting coyotes they want to know who the new guy is, grey fox are not afraid of them red fox are afraid of their own shadow LOL

I have wondered how I haven't lost any of my birds, who free range all day...we have bobcat, coyotes, skunks, coons, fox, and possums. I finally decided it must be that my Chesapeake Bay Retriever pees all over the place and maybe that is some deterrent. Not for the skunks, I have seen them in my yard and she got hit by one once (OMG that was awful and lasted a loooooong time), but maybe for the others it is. Or, I have just been extremely lucky. We have deep woods on 2 sides that are very close to the house, but so far:fl

I wonder about the dog thing too - Have three dogs here (plus 6 puppies now).

I see 'coons in the front yard all the time (dogs don't go up there) but never out back. I have forgot to lock down my coop a couple of times and have never lost a bird that way.

Now only if the hawks would get with the program.

Back
Top Bottom