Error in getting in to BYC...

The Chick Addict

💖
Premium Feather Member
Jun 23, 2022
Texoma
Hi! Sometimes when I go into BYC it says "Error 1005" and doesn't let me in and then other times it lets me in without a problem. It's quite annoying and I was wondering what could be causing it? Thanks!

Hi! Sometimes when I go into BYC it says "Error 1005" and doesn't let me in and then other times it lets me in without a problem. It's quite annoying and I was wondering what could be causing it? Thanks!
Thanks for reporting this :)

Error 1005 is a common issue experienced by users when trying to access certain websites. It usually indicates that there is a connection issue between the server and the client, or that the server is temporarily down or unable to process the request. The error message is usually accompanied by a short description or a suggestion on what to do, so take a screenshot and post it here.

If you are able to access BYC at other times without any issues, it could be your internet connection.

If the problem persists, you can try clearing your cookies and cache, or using a different browser to access the website.

Hopefully any other members having this problem will report it so we'll know if it's an isolated problem or more wide-spread.

Thanks for reporting this :)

Error 1005 is a common issue experienced by users when trying to access certain websites. It usually indicates that there is a connection issue between the server and the client, or that the server is temporarily down or unable to process the request. The error message is usually accompanied by a short description or a suggestion on what to do, so take a screenshot and post it here.

If you are able to access BYC at other times without any issues, it could be your internet connection.

If the problem persists, you can try clearing your cookies and cache, or using a different browser to access the website.

Hopefully any other members having this problem will report it so we'll know if it's an isolated problem or more wide-spread.
Thanks! Here is what it says, word for word:

Error 1005​

Access denied​

What happened?​

The owner of this website (www.backyardchickens.com) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in from accessing this website.

I know for sure that I'm not off the internet when it doesn't let me on and the IP address works sometimes so I don't see why it won't let me othertimes...

Are you using a VPN or other service that adjusts / impacts you IP address?

Any addons or anything else that might be causing the problem?

In cases like this (where it's impacting just one or a few people vs. the thousands that are on BYC daily, it's tricky for us to troubleshoot since it's usually on the side of the user's ISP, connection, computer, etc.

Are you using a VPN or other service that adjusts / impacts you IP address?

Any addons or anything else that might be causing the problem?

In cases like this (where it's impacting just one or a few people vs. the thousands that are on BYC daily, it's tricky for us to troubleshoot since it's usually on the side of the user's ISP, connection, computer, etc.
Yes I use a VPN but it lets me do even with it on and sometimes it doesn't with it on too.

Back
Top Bottom