Escaping chicken. . . .

turtlewoman100

In the Brooder
May 28, 2016
Santa Fe, NM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I don't need any help just thought this was funny.
I work nights so I sleep during the day and I leave my back door open so the dogs can go in and out. Well, I was sleeping pretty well when something came into my consciousness that sounded like bwak, bwak, bwak. That's not a sound I'm used to hearing in the house, so I roused myself up and went looking for the source of the noise, although I already had a pretty good idea what had happened. Sure enough there was Juanita in the living room looking like she thought she belonged there. The dogs, two corgis and a lab-heeler, were doing nothing to help the situation. As a matter of fact I think my lab-heeler, Buddy, is afraid of the chickens. Oh, I forgot to tell you that Juanita is a hen. Didn't want you to think it was one of the neighbors! Anyway, I grabbed the offending chicken up before she had a chance to poop in the house and put her back in the chicken yard which has 6' garden fencing with 3' chicken wire around the bottom. My chicken yard I have divided up into a little kind of ante-chamber where I keep the feed barrels and other supplies. It's also where I was keeping the baby chicks. I had let the babies in with the three old ladies so that gate was open but the outside gate was well shut. I couldn't figure out how Juanita got out. I put her back in with the rest and went back to bed. Sure enough, not 30 minutes later there was that bwak, bwak, bwak again. Here was Juanita just in the kitchen this time. Back she went to the pen but this time I closed off the ante-chamber part. No more escaping chicken. I still can't figure out how she got out. She's a Houdini-chicken!!

LOL She probably flew over the fence. I found a really determined escape artist will find a way out, if there is one!

maybe you need to trim their wings

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom