Escargot.

Oh but thanks to one of my best friends who owns a Chinese restaurant, I have eaten sea cucumber which was not that bad and gooey duck clam (sp?), I only tried one bite of that to be polite. Unfortuanately I saw the thing when it was still alive at the Asian market and double
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Not the same kind of snails. These are already doused in garlic and butter, which is salt heavy. That is what makes them so danged tasty!

The ones he orders are like that too, only they serve them in a special kind of plate with deep holes in it, each hole has one escargot and he digs them out with a shell fish fork. DH's mouth says not slimey...my brain says slimey, lol, I haven't been able fight the thought yet. I will suck it up and try them next time, after all I didn't think I could process a turkey or chicken either and look at me now, lol.

When I first met my husband he said "watch me gross your kids out", then he said he was taking everyone out for dinner. When they asked what we were going out for he said "escargot!"

You should have seen his face when my kids got excited and started squeeling. He said my kids were sick and grossing HIM out. LOL

Butter and garlic! I love them in butter and garlic.

Quote:
Not the same kind of snails. These are already doused in garlic and butter, which is salt heavy. That is what makes them so danged tasty!

The ones he orders are like that too, only they serve them in a special kind of plate with deep holes in it, each hole has one escargot and he digs them out with a shell fish fork. DH's mouth says not slimey...my brain says slimey, lol, I haven't been able fight the thought yet. I will suck it up and try them next time, after all I didn't think I could process a turkey or chicken either and look at me now, lol.

Yes that is how they are served, in a plate with little holes. HAHAHA!!!! The reason they are so slippery is the BUTTER! HAHAHA!

Quote:

Yes that is how they are served, in a plate with little holes. HAHAHA!!!! The reason they are so slippery is the BUTTER! HAHAHA!

Ok I am going to be going home to Wyoming the day after Christmas and there is a restaurant there that serves them, which may seem a little weird but the chef is from Lousianna and he is awesome! I will make sure I go there and try them, and if they are terrible I will wash them down with a very yummy filet mignon!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom