Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Im ordering some eggs sending out a $ order tomorrow im gessing if thay all hatch good I think I could spare a few if you are still looking

We have some eggs coming. this will be our first setting for the year.
Will post back how the hatch progresses.

fl.gif

15 shipped eggs, 10 were good, right now hatching underway looks like so far we have 6 that are hatched. Will take some pictures of them once we move them to the brooder.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
one of my two lovely Basque chicklets has gone broody! i'm so excited -- and looking for any suggestions on how many eggs to put under a first-time EO broody? don't want to overwhelm her with too many, but also want to try as many as i can in case some don't hatch!

thanks in advance!

one of my two lovely Basque chicklets has gone broody! i'm so excited -- and looking for any suggestions on how many eggs to put under a first-time EO broody? don't want to overwhelm her with too many, but also want to try as many as i can in case some don't hatch!

thanks in advance!
This is great! I had one go broody last fall. I put 8 eggs under her. One got stepped on and she hatched 7 babies. She was the best mother. I think 8 would be the best number if the are large fowls. If they are bantams you could do more.

with 7 babies she was able to keep them warm once they hatched.

oh I can't wait to get another broody. DH will want to kill me, but oh well.

thanks in advance!

+1 for 8

jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom