Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Ashandvine - Love your roos. They look so happy and content :) Does the first cockerel pictured not have a pointy comb? It looks solid almost in the pictures.

Ditto that question! Is he the rooster that was dubbed? I remember some one saying something about that recently...

Yes that is he, the dubbed wonder. IDK how happy they were. I kept having to chase one of them and the other was just hanging out in a pen. I don't let them free every day. I kindof wish the second male was darker, like some recently posted and the avatar above... but, they can't all be suave like my dubbed wonder :)

Last edited:
Took some more pictures of the Pita Pintas and Basques today!
su7e6a6e.jpg

pysebu9a.jpg

4e6ehabe.jpg

everemub.jpg

e4yrasu2.jpg

atynagu2.jpg

mytatygy.jpg

aba4a4at.jpg

Took some more pictures of the Pita Pintas and Basques today!
su7e6a6e.jpg

everemub.jpg

e4yrasu2.jpg
I like the type on this male Basque. Pintas??? These look like scrawny Mottled Javas to me. ?? I went and read about them to educate myself a bit. This is something I fail to understand so bear with me; how do we know this isn't a forefather to the Java, which is a foundation breed and rare here too? FTR: I love mottling.

Last edited:
Someone else told me they look like Javas too. They are a breed that, like the Basques, almost became extinct in Spain until someone stepped in to help them. There is very little info out there in English about them. Johnny is working on translating the information for us English-only speakers so we can learn more. We are working on a website too. It's all quite exciting :)

I have a pair of Mottled Javas and two young. I did read they were rare in Spain but I guess that I just don't comprehend how they are something different. No offense. I am just saying how do we know they aren't Java ancestors? That would be pretty cool, too.

Question: the cocks are supposed to based on a crele pattern.... does it matter how dark or light?

Last edited:
I have a pair of Mottled Javas and two young. I did read they were rare in Spain but I guess that I just don't comprehend how they are something different. No offense. I am just saying how do we know they aren't Java ancestors? That would be pretty cool, too.

Question: the cocks are supposed to based on a crele pattern.... does it matter how dark or light?
No offense taken at all! I'll have my boyfriend research that. Are Java's from Spain as well?

No offense taken at all! I'll have my boyfriend research that. Are Java's from Spain as well?

I am not sure. I am learning them as well and they are a rare enough foundation breed that so few people, judges even, can talk about them. From the little I read they are in the American class and they might have come from Java itself, hence the name. Anconas are old too and are mottled... hm...

Back
Top Bottom