Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

I couldn't tell with a few of mine for quite awhile. Why do you all think of this Pullet?
uby2a2uh.jpg
She's about 17 weeks.

I couldn't tell with a few of mine for quite awhile. Why do you all think of this Pullet?
uby2a2uh.jpg
She's about 17 weeks.

Given the size of her comb, sure looks like a pullet. I've never seen that color before on a female.

Yes, I am very intrigued by this color. We have six Basque from the same hatch, 3 pullets and 3 cockerels. Of the pullets, one other is like this one, they are almost identical.
The other is very orange, she is the one in the other photo, along with a cockerel from the same hatch. We got one very orange cockerel. Here
8ygebeje.jpg

What do you all think of that grey coloring for pullets? They have golden necks. I think they are beautiful. I'm just not sure of breed standards. I will post better pictures when I get them.

They went outside yesterday while I cleaned out their box. The colors look so different in the pictures, I don't see the contrast up close that shows up here.

Quote: I would say pullet for sure. I have seen a lot of that colour in my first hatches, we called them "Lady Grey's" not typical EO colour but they are beautiful. Love the "action" shot LOL
Thank you, I was pleased how that came out. I know it's not typical, but I do love that coloring.
I think that pullet looks very fast - name her speedy
lol.png
Thank you, I think I will!

Back
Top Bottom