Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Nope. She is my first generation from selected Greenfire and Skyline birds. Here is one of the breeder hens (picture taken back in the spring.) She's a little on the light side, but has those yellow legs and pretty good type in person.
My opinion may not be worth much, but personally, I think that is what we all should be trying to breed. She is put together right.....all her 'attachments' are good and myself; I love that color. GOOD JOB Tru.......................MIKE
I think you are correct about the Standard for Marraduna. The color may need to be a bit darker and perhaps a bit more of the light barring but very nice shape and yellow legs!

Those are beautiful. Love the rich color. Nice job MD.
You want yellow legs, Mike?! Eat cher heart out -
yippiechickie.gif

18 wk old pullets...

Just kidding, brother!
I'm still fooling with whites too.
highfive.gif

Nope. She is my first generation from selected Greenfire and Skyline birds. Here is one of the breeder hens (picture taken back in the spring.) She's a little on the light side, but has those yellow legs and pretty good type in person.

Tru she looks like she has really nice type. love that you and MD are making great progress. very exciting.

Here are the two basques that I hatched on June 21st. I haven't hatched very many of these, but it looks like I may have an all white one. Do these usually turn out to be hens or roos? Or is it a guess until they crow? The more brownish of the two looks like it might have yellow legs. I used to think they both did, but it's not looking like that anymore.

:)

That is my guess, too, but both of them have the same size comb. You just can't see that from these pics. I've often wondered if I have two cockerels, but I don't see the barring in the browner one that I've seen in the other cockerels that I've raised.

Hello everyone! I am a new owner of Basque chicks. I became interested in them because they are supposed to be a pet-friendly breed. And this is quite true in my experience. Here are some pictures of my three chicks, taken a few days ago. They are about 4.5 weeks old. I think I have two pullets and one roo. What do you think?

Roo?

Pullets?

Same two chicks as in the second pic, but with a better view of their combs. The chick on the left has a bigger comb that is pinkish, but its feather color is that of a girl - I think, and hope that both are girls.

Hi Urban.
I think you are correct. first photo is a boy and the double fisted are girls. good for you.
the boy looks light in color but the girls look good. where did you get them? also where are you from? US, Canada?

Back
Top Bottom