Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Originally Posted by Maggiesdad

Lookin' great, Ron!
thumbsup.gif

Agree X 2
love.gif
Thank you! They are doing great so far. The three look like little clones and have nice color so far.

I got a call from the P.O. Friday morning, the eggs from Megan were in!
I couldn't get away until after Master Showmanship was over, (DD took Poultry and was competing). Raced through town to make it to the P.O. thinking they were closing at 4. Turns out that they are open until 4:30, I could have stopped by the ladies room first.
I have two very happy hens sitting on them.

I got a call from the P.O. Friday morning, the eggs from Megan were in!
I couldn't get away until after Master Showmanship was over, (DD took Poultry and was competing). Raced through town to make it to the P.O. thinking they were closing at 4. Turns out that they are open until 4:30, I could have stopped by the ladies room first.
I have two very happy hens sitting on them.

You lucky dog! Good hatching vibes being sent y'all's way!
woot.gif

I am still wondering if this white basque is a roo or not. It is about 8 weeks old. The other basque in the pictures was hatched at the same time. The white one is the leader of the group and is more apt to peck me than the others are. It is also more aggressive.

Last edited:
I am still wondering if this white basque is a roo or not. It is about 8 weeks old. The other basque in the pictures was hatched at the same time. The white one is the leader of the group and is more apt to peck me than the others are. It is also more aggressive.

What is the white chick crossed with? EE I would guess.

Looks like a boy.

All these chicks have an EO sire and are 7 weeks old.
the white chick is pure EO. Black cockerel is EO/Orpington, brown EO/Easter Egger (pullet).
Now that I took photos of them, I know you are going to tell me the RW EO is a cockerel.
he.gif
None of the photos show it, but he has full tail feathers and the EO/Orp mix has no tail feathers at all yet.
The black chick is a big boy. His feet are bigger than his broody mom's already and he has more cleavage than me.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Back
Top Bottom