Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

I'm new to chickens. I have a basque that I need sexed. She is about 8-9 weeks old. She is all white. Not sure about the coloring affecting gender and something about recessive white and such. Thanks so much for your help.

One more

Here's another picture:

What do you think? Girl or boy?

I'm new to chickens. I have a basque that I need sexed. She is about 8-9 weeks old. She is all white. Not sure about the coloring affecting gender and something about recessive white and such. Thanks so much for your help.

One more

Here's another picture:

The coloring says girl--no barring on the tail The comb and wattles are too big though and the legs are large.

This one may be an off colored cockerel.

I will say girl. I have an off color hen that has huge legs. Her hatch mate was completely white.
I think girl too--my Mille Fleur patterned pullet has big legs and an early comb. I did not want you to be disappointed if this one was really a boy.

She is very nice looking!

One more

Here's another picture:

This is a stumper. I would definitely say boy from the head but it certainly is not the right color for a roo. I have had White Sports pop up so it may be an off colored roo.

Perhaps its just a early developing pullet. Fingers crossed. If it does turn out to be a roo, I would NOT use him for breeding.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom