Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Welcome to BYC, cadman05!

Feel free to take the Basque Hen Survey , if you haven't already. It helps us keep tabs on where the breed is in relation to the Standard.

Hello,i Have 7 rows and 3 hens, and other assorted breads (21 total). i do agree about there singing and friendliness to humans, over time plan to go 80% Basque .

They are certainly my favorite! If I could get them laying multicolored eggs, like EEs and Black Coppers - they'd be the only breed I'd keep. I just like looking at them.

i know for certain I have 1 roo but he has been slow to mature and some of the girls are slightly bigger than him. they will be about 7 months at the end of this month. hopefully they start laying by spring. i would like to trade eggs with other breeders from this thread

Hmmm. He ought to look half again bigger than the girls by 7 months....

I've got two cockerels coming on here that are about 12wks. I wont be able to use them because they are too close genewise, and a little light (colored) for my taste. Just a thought.

I need some hatching eggs, too.
hmm.png

A little over half of my hatched cockerels are pretty light colored, too (little of the brown-gold color), and some have white shanks. I haven't kept any of those. I wish I knew if any particular hen is to blame!

Not that I know of in southern CA. Mine are finally up and running again after a long dry spell with no adult rooster. Sons of my roo below are finally producing. I have seven little ones in the brooder now :)

We are in Herald near Sacramento and I will be shipping eggs and chicks this year.

Christine

Back
Top Bottom