Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

I keep Australorps, Black Coppers, Easter Eggers, and Barred Rock mixes here in addition to the Basques.

It's 11°, 10 mph wind out of the North, gusting to 20, and the the Basques are the only birds out moving around. Either they are dumb - or they are just tougher.

They don't care when it's over 100° either...

I keep Australorps, Black Coppers, Easter Eggers, and Barred Rock mixes here in addition to the Basques.

It's 11°, 10 mph wind out of the North, gusting to 20, and the the Basques are the only birds out moving around. Either they are dumb - or they are just tougher.

if they're like mine, they're tough AND dumb!

No they are too nosy and want to see what going on!! LOL

Only time mine won't go out is when there is snow on the ramp or ground but they all huddle at the door looking out to see what going on outside!!

Hello everyone!

I am a new comer to the breed, and bought 5 EO Basque chicks last summer. As I ran over this website, I learned that the chickens I received were lovely and healthy, albeit not bred to perfect Spanish standards, and ended up with 4 hens and one cockerel. I had one "lady grey" and 3 mille Fluer girls, one with very minimal black. I ended up selling the cockerel and one hen locally, as I am concentrating on another breed, and had too many cockerels around. The remaining three girls just started laying.

I realize that their stock is not set 100% to standard but I bought my birds from Lancaster Fancy Fowl. Their birds were robust, and healthy if anyone here is looking to start,, I also think they sell hatching eggs. For what ever it's worth.

Good Luck everyone!

MB

Can anyone direct me to a good breeder of Basques? I would love to get into the breed :)
Here is the breeders list: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/706180/basque-euskal-oiloa-breeder-list

Hope this helps
big_smile.png

Fairly common coloration. I keep this color if the legs are yellow as I have found that they lighten up quite a bit with age (below two older girls). Yes they have barring in them -- look what happened when I crossed a light basque hen with a RIR rooster
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom