Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

@ laura

Many North American Basques tend to run a bit light in the markings. I find that my pullets are the most evenly barred right as they hit POL. And the hens get lighter with each successive molt. Here's a properly shaded Spanish pullet. Her tail angle is a bit high.

@ laura

Many North American Basques tend to run a bit light in the markings. I find that my pullets are the most evenly barred right as they hit POL. And the hens get lighter with each successive molt. Here's a properly shaded Spanish pullet. Her tail angle is a bit high.
Thanks for the picture! Well, I guess a few of mine look like that (feathering), but I was thinking they should be lighter. Most of my breeders are lighter. I am also having some paler yellow legs, though. Their legs are not white like Orpingtons, but not as nice and yellow like your photo. I have also been getting some pretty mille fleur color pullets, although I do not plan to breed them.

Can anyone post pics of chicks and then the adults they turned into. I have 8 chicks I hatched from shipped eggs, and I am curious how the (very slight) markings I see I. Them will develop. That red hen is beautiful, but none of my chicks are that dark or that red. They are mostly yellow with faint buff and gray markings.

After many months of preparation it is with great pleasure that we invite all basque Hen (Euskal Oiloa, EO) enthusiasts to visit the newly launched North American Basque Hen Association (NABHA) website!

http://nabha.weebly.com

The website outlines the purpose of NABHA, our board members, has an updated version of the Standard of Perfection, a history of EOs in North America, a photo gallery and more so please visit! Expect to see more photos and informative articles and links over the next few weeks.

There is also a form for those interested in becoming a member to fill out and we're really hoping folks interested in the Basque breed will join the new Association and help us decide how to make NABHA of the most value! Once we get things fully organized, members will have access to a Breeder's List, receive email notifications of events of interest to EO owners, and have the opportunity to learn more about the Basque breed through articles and other information sharing venues.

We are very much interested in hearing everyone's ideas or questions so please visit the webpage and share your thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom