Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Anyone want to guess the sex on these three week olds? I actually am mostly interested in Icelandics, but I bid on Basque eggs on ebay in a moment of weakness before I got our Icelandics. These guys are awfully sweet though! They are definitely much friendlier than any of my other chicks! I just don't know enough about them to guess at sex with any accuracy. I have front views and top views so you can (kind of) see combs and plumage, because I've read both can be indicators of sex in Basques.
1 & 2
4 & 5
6 & 7
1, 2 & 3 in their bucket while I clean their brooder (with my lone australorp chick)
4-7 in their box while I clean their brooder

Thanks for the guesses! If I end up with that many pullets, I will be really lucky!!! Usually I'm the person with more boys than girls! Our very first hatch ever (which was EEs incidentally) was 6 cockerels and only 3 pullets!!! I will be ecstatic if I end up with more Basque hens than roos!
1f425.png
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f423.png
1f425.png

I have a lot of Marraduna Basque (Euskal Oiloa) eggs coming in, and my incubator is staying pretty full. I am in Central Texas. I am willing to ship eggs for $20/dozen plus shipping..

Back
Top Bottom