Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

I have maradunas. Unfortunately I think a fox has come for a visit.
1f621.png
Ive built a huge house with a run for there protection. Really hate not having them go through my garden eating pesky worms. There hatching eggs now. Has anybody ever crossed a jersey giant with a maraduna??

Sorry haven't read the whole 418 pages :D Did a search but couldn't find the answer.
Has anyone seen a Basque with feathered feet??
I was sold a trio of birds as "wheaten marans" and the colour is wrong. Reminded me of the Euskal Oiloas. The breeder also happened to have some of these and didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to what she boxed up and handed me.
Pretty sketchy so could even be a cross.

Sorry haven't read the whole 418 pages :D Did a search but couldn't find the answer. Has anyone seen a Basque with feathered feet?? I was sold a trio of birds as "wheaten marans" and the colour is wrong. Reminded me of the Euskal Oiloas. The breeder also happened to have some of these and didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to what she boxed up and handed me. Pretty sketchy so could even be a cross.
As far as I know there are no feathered feet in basque.

@shawn3295 I typically throw a cross or two in with my basque hatches just to have a 'hybrid vigor ruler' to measure them against. Haven't done JGs, but yes with Australorps and the cross pullet are great egg layers.

Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for a new rooster. Need to add some new blood in. Anybody have any roos looking for a home? I'm located in California. I would like to see pictures to make sure the new guy would improve=the offspring from my girls. thanks in advance.

I happened upon this breed by accident. The more I learn, the more fascinated I become!

I am curious to know what personality you would get by breeding a Basque with a flighty breed such as the Egyptian Fayoumi. Would the chicks be friendly or flighty? How strong is the 'boldness' factor when you cross this breed?
Those two breeds seem to have a few traits in common; the barring, the age when they start laying, being intelligent, strong, and excellent at foraging... etc. Am I wrong? Am I right? All I know is that I'm super curious!
smile.png

Thanks guys!
Jenne

Back
Top Bottom