Evaluate my girl? Dark Brahma Pullet

alexisrambles

Songster
May 22, 2019
Louisiana
Hi guys! I really like my one "mystery chick" that I got from Murray's with my order of chicks. Now I know hatchery stock tends to be complete poop when it comes to SOP, but since I love my one DB girl so much, I'd really love to know what her weaknesses are so I can start fiddling! Now she is only a bit over 2 months (even though she's HUGE), so I'm not sure how much she's going to change.

I'm open to any education!

Also let me know if more pictures would help. I love taking pics of my girls, and will be glad to supply!
DZD2FOR.jpg
Un9OZot.jpg
zmoTtZA.jpg

This explains so much. OY.
I totally didn't know lol. My other rooster had wattles, a bright red comb, AND started crowing at a little over a month. He also hates being touched, whereas this dude is a cuddlebug. I thought this was a really brash girl lol.

Someone smack me. I can't believe I didn't catch that. Oy VEY.
Well I guess I'll be watching out for any rooster fights now. Dangit. I wouldn't have got attached if I knew he was a roo!

Brahma comb type is very tough to tell sex at a young age. Hopefully all will get along.
Well I'm gonna have to change how I treat him sadly. I tolerate a bit more nip from my girls (or what I think are girls) than I do from my rooster. And he is gonna get big so... Better cut off that habit now.

Good to know about Brahmas and Combs. Thanks for the well wishes!

Back
Top Bottom