Ever started a business?

TerryBowleg

Chirping
Feb 23, 2023
Have you ever started a business from your hobbies or the fun things you like to do in your backyard? Would love to hear people’s stories.

Have you ever started a business from your hobbies or the fun things you like to do in your backyard? Would love to hear people’s stories.
Yes.
Me and my mother are working on starting a fiber shop
Mine was also a fiber based business.

One thing I wish I'd known before I started: All the tax implications, and to know "really" what the rules were. "Oh, you can get a write off for using part of your home!" Uh, only in certain, well-defined circumstances. "You can deduct your vehicle mileage!" Be prepard to keep VERY good records. Be prepared to good records of everything, anyway.

It was fun, but didn't bring in enough money. I got it to the point where it could cover the expenses of the business, but not generate any real income. I either had to go (much) bigger to do that, or go get a "real" job. The former would have taken capital I didn't have, so it had to be the latter, because we needed the income.

Not trying to dissuade anyone, by any means! Just to suggest that there are ... less fun sides to having a hobby-based business.

Hoping to hear some success stories!

Well that’s the whole reason I got into raising bantams. But I don’t make enough money off of them to really call it a business. But hopefully know that I offer more purebred next year will be a better year.

I started a business that stemmed from my passion for cycling. Turning something I love into a business venture has been an incredibly rewarding journey. Along the way, I discovered the importance of effective communication and customer engagement. Utilizing tools like verification codes has been a game-changer for enhancing security and trust in my business transactions. It's fascinating how incorporating such technology, even in hobbies-turned-businesses, can contribute to a more seamless and secure experience

I have started several businesses. The most profitable one was a chain of pet stores. Farm animals are very difficult to make a profit on.

Back
Top Bottom