Excited Polish Mama!

Angelray

Songster
6 Years
Jun 3, 2013
Bullhead City, AZ
Hello ya'll,

I got my girls last month, 5 polish chicks from a straight run I split with another gal. I already fear 2 are roosters & am heartbroken as I've already grown attached to them all. I have attached the weekly photo I have taken. I am building my own coop this week as they have started flying out of the brooder. I have them in my bedroom to protect from our cats & the dog....they are keeping me up at night & driving my husband crazy. So, they must be ready to move out! I started letting them outside a few days ago in a 'playpen' I fashioned out of wire fencing. They love running around & scratching. I also notice the 2 that I suspect are roosters were 'play fighting'. I already reserved 2 more chicks (ameraucana & a well summer) so I can have pretty colored eggs! I love my girls already & look forward to thus adventure! Oh...and I will be composting with them also!

welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Well...I'm more optimistic today as they are all now behaving the same. I'm still building my coop & the girls are about 5 weeks & are eager to get outside each morning now. I love watching them dust bathe & scratch around. I'm supposed to get my new chicks this weekend & will move the big girls outside for good as the coop WILL get finished by then!! I found a neighbor selling their eggs & my kids & hubby tried them for the first time. Now they can't wait for ours to start laying....gonna be a long wait!

Last edited:
So, I added 2 new girls to my little flock. A Welsummer & an Ameraucana....they are so much fun! The polish crew is outside enjoying a temp coop while hubby & I build their forever home. I am trying to convince him to let me keep a rooster if a polish happens to be one (I suspect that my red crested red is a roo). Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom