Exotic Duck Sources??

Dec 1, 2020
Western Washington
Hello! I have decided after awhile to start with exotic ducks in my aviary. I am currently looking into places to get mandarins and ringed teals. I know purely poultry sells both but very pricey. Also, does anyone know if the ringed teals are only in stock for a small amount of time, and when mandarins usually are sold? Any tips for a newcomer are greatly appreciated. Also any species y'all think would be good for me. I am in Washington, compared to a lot, my winters are pretty mild, but still pretty cold. I get low 20 temperatures for most of January and February, but I can always run heat lamps out for any tropical-ish birds.

Mostly, does anyone know good sources for mandarins? I CAN do hatching eggs, but juvenile pairs and ducklings are definitely preferred. Thank you!

Yeah sorry I meant ornamental. I found someone though!! Thanks
I have Mandarins and Ring teal, I'm in CT and as long as you keep open water in winter you'll be fine. It also helps to have a wind break or somewhere they can get out of the weather. I coop my ducks at night but it's not really necessary. I know some people hatching Mandarins who hatched some in December and February. I would start looking for breeders around May or June. $100 a pair is about average that's What I charge. Here is my birds.

Check craigslist,softbillsforsale.com.Both are commonly available birds.Nows not a great time because they are laying but in fall look around and you will find them.I live in WI and my birds do fine in the winter, but they are in a covered aviary.

I have Mandarins and Ring teal, I'm in CT and as long as you keep open water in winter you'll be fine. It also helps to have a wind break or somewhere they can get out of the weather. I coop my ducks at night but it's not really necessary. I know some people hatching Mandarins who hatched some in December and February. I would start looking for breeders around May or June. $100 a pair is about average that's What I charge. Here is my birds.
Thank you!! Sorry I didn't see this till now.

Do you have any pairs for sale now?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom