experiment with bedding

Joan, at my TSC the Lucerene is packaged differently (just the plastic sleeve that holds it together not the straw itself) than the picture you see in the OP. Did they not have Lucerene products? If they did, I bet they will order it for you.

Joan, at my TSC the Lucerene is packaged differently (just the plastic sleeve that holds it together not the straw itself) than the picture you see in the OP. Did they not have Lucerene products? If they did, I bet they will order it for you.
I didn't see any. I didn't have a whole lot of time because my dogs were out in the truck. I did have it running with the AC going, but you never know if the motor kills.

I didn't see any. I didn't have a whole lot of time because my dogs were out in the truck. I did have it running with the AC going, but you never know if the motor kills.

Mine is in the equine section with the other hay/straw choices. They might be able to order it. Wouldn't hurt to ask since other TSC carry the Lucerene products. Oh, I understand about the doggies. It's HOT.

I'm so glad that you guys are trying it. It's good to get other's opnions out there for a good evaluation. I'm sure it's not for everybody, but I think it will work very nicely in the smaller sized coops I see so much. I don't feel the need to wear a dust mask when I'm out there swooshing it around with the rake. I'm loving it so far.

This is day 17. This is what it looks like. I just changed the water and turned over the hay.
Deek, How is it going in your coop?

No Dust!
Just turned it over and it is staying dry and unbelievably still smells nice...With 12 poopers.
roll.png

That's amazing with 12 poopers! I was wondering how long it would hold up with that many birds. For me, it makes the evening cleaning chores much easier.
Please keep us updated with how it is working out for you.
thumbsup.gif

That's amazing with 12 poopers! I was wondering how long it would hold up with that many birds. For me, it makes the evening cleaning chores much easier.
Please keep us updated with how it is working out for you.
thumbsup.gif

Because it does smell nice in there, it keeps me from thinking of cleaning the coop as a chore. You can take pride in the way it looks and smells in there. Don't know if that makes any sense
roll.png
I don't worry when guests come by to see the chicken nuggets. I'll have to take a picture.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom