Expierence with late hatching?

San

Songster
12 Years
Mar 22, 2007
Appelscha, The Netherlands
My Coop
My Coop
I've put 8 eggs in a Brinsea Octagon 10 on the 9th of April. The due date should be on 29/30 th of April.
I've had big problems with the humidity and sometimes with the tempature. So I've bought a new one, a Brinsea Mini Advanced. On the 24th of April I transferd 5 fertil eggs over to the new one. That Monday I took one out cause is wasn't developing anymore.
Waited till thursday, the temp and humidity over the last week where good. On Friday morning 30th I finally saw a pipping. This morning the first chick was born :grin: . The second one is pipping. It's not fluffy enough to go under the red heat lamp.

I've read some stories about bad developing and things. So I wonderd if some of you had some expercience with late hatching? And are there things to look out for?
I made a brooder from a plastic cage which is open on top. Put some bedding in it a water with vitamines.

As far as I can see now the chick looks okay from the outside. It's a bit wiggly but it makes good noise, the other one started to pipping is also making noise ( finally) , the other two eggs not doing anything yet but I'm going to wait until tomorow or Monday.

It's still in the incubator so it can encourage the other one, but it has one paw that doesn't function well
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom