Exploding egg in incubator

I forgot to mention this

welcome-byc.gif

Yeah--you look fine to me!

BTW--It is COLD here in WV. The room where I keep my incubators is down to 59. I have a little 100 watt light on my little chcks in here (six of them) and they seem to be happy, and the 1588 Genesis is still right on about 100. So that is good.

I have to get the LG going today because I accidentally sent for too many eggs for the Genesis. I can't believe I did that. I was just going to use the LG for a hatcher. Oh well.

Catherine

I just had one explode today on day 2. No Idea why. It doesnt even smell but there is yolk everywhere in the water pan. It looks like an air cavity was trapped in the pointy end. What a bummer.

So the others will still be alright?

Last edited:
Okay, newbie question here, since I have my first eggs in the 'bator now: what on earth causes an egg to explode? Any idea? What do I need to be watching for to catch one BEFORE it explodes?
idunno.gif

Well, usually it will smell long before it gets bad enough to explode. Apparently the person who posted noted that one did not smell, but I have found at least one VERY smelly one, and took it out and threw it away before it exploded.

And I have also heard others say that they will get oozy or week before they explode, but I have never seen this. I am happy to say.

Catherine

Oh no! A Stinker gone bad! I had a stinker last week. I could smell it outside the incubator for a couple of days.. so I finally had to dive in there and locate it.

Hopefully you can stand the smell for a while longer and you get some hatchers.

Welcome from Arkansas.

Back
Top Bottom