Extra milk

BeyondBlessed

Songster
Jun 10, 2022
We have some extra organic whole milk in the house. It is unopened, but past the date. I smelled it and it smells normal. I would love to make homemade buttermilk for chickens with the milk and apple cider vinegar. Is this OK to do? Thanks so much in advance!

Your idea sounds fine.

The date on milk is a sell-by date, and the milk is typically good to drink for some days after that.

If it smells fine, it is probably safe to drink it, and definitely safe to cook it into food for people to eat. My go-tos for extra milk are tapioca pudding, rice pudding, and waffles or pancakes. I can store the pudding in the fridge and eat it over several days, and I freeze extra waffes and pancakes to eat later.

Your idea sounds fine.

The date on milk is a sell-by date, and the milk is typically good to drink for some days after that.

If it smells fine, it is probably safe to drink it, and definitely safe to cook it into food for people to eat. My go-tos for extra milk are tapioca pudding, rice pudding, and waffles or pancakes. I can store the pudding in the fridge and eat it over several days, and I freeze extra waffes and pancakes to eat later.
Thank you for the great ideas! We have a couple full cartons 🙈🙈🙈 So I will definitely make some pancakes and waffles and will still have plenty to drink and give the chickens.🤣 I appreciate your insight so much! ❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom